Oct 20, 2006

The Preston-Snoqualmie Trail

No pictures of this, but I biked along the Preston-Snoqualmie Trail from the trailhead in Preston down to the "other side" of Snoqualmie Falls. About a 5 mile long trail is all, but very nice, and it's paved between Lake Alice and Snoqualmie Falls. Perfect for biking or even a walk.

I enjoyed the view of Snoqualmie Falls from the end of the trail. Nice view, and benches to relax and enjoy.

The trail runs right under Snoqualmie Ridge (it's maybe a quarter mile from my house, but would take a good couple mile hike to get to it) to the north, and opens to the Snoqualmie Valley to the south. This time of year was beautiful with the leaves turning color. Even with the rain, the views were impressive.

I've actually walked this before with the family, and both times I've been on it it's been fairly busy. A popular trail for dogs.

If you're going to walk, I suggest parking at the Lake Alice Road trailhead near Fall City and head east to the Falls.

No comments: